Advice needed on raccoon vs hawk vs coyote

if your pitpei is good with the flock, it'd be a good idea to get your replacement while she's still around. Probably be better off adopting a 2-3 year old dog as well, so you suffer fewer losses of your flock during the training process.
Shar Pei's are fantastic livestock/general purpose farm dogs. That was their original intention in China. If not for dogs, civilization as we know it would not exist. http://www.sharpeirescue.com

Lots of very good dogs out there that are already good with cats/small children.many dogs are in a foster environment, but not all of them are that lucky and live in runs/cages. Sorry...I have a passion for dog rescue and especially the Shar Pei breed.
You know, this is an excellent idea! My current dog was from a rescue, and that's certainly how I would prefer to get any future animals. I didn't intend to get a dog in the first place, but she was cowering in the corner of the no kill shelter, simply terrified of the dogs and humans. I simply couldn't leave her like that.

Unfortunately, she has cutaneous mucinosis and Shar Pei Fever which makes me rather hesitant to get another Shar Pei. That said, I'm now familiar with the breed disorders and will have a better handle on diagnosis and treatment in the future - which is perhaps a good reason I should continue with the breed/mix. I had forgotten that their original purpose was farm work. This is excellent food for thought. Thanks for the encouragement and the link, subhanalah!

You know, this is an excellent idea!  My current dog was from a rescue, and that's certainly how I would prefer to get any future animals.  I didn't intend to get a dog in the first place, but she was cowering in the corner of the no kill shelter, simply terrified of the dogs and humans.  I simply couldn't leave her like that.

Unfortunately, she has cutaneous mucinosis and Shar Pei Fever which makes me rather hesitant to get another Shar Pei.  That said, I'm now familiar with the breed disorders and will have a better handle on diagnosis and treatment in the future - which is perhaps a good reason I should continue with the breed/mix.  I had forgotten that their original purpose was farm work.  This is excellent food for thought.  Thanks for the encouragement and the link, subhanalah!  
my very first contact from that rescue was named Holly! Glad I could help. They really are great all around dogs for farm/protection/family/livestock dogs. If I ever have a choice in a "next dog" it'd be a pei!

Back
Top Bottom