Advice needed

DuckFanatic

Songster
13 Years
Jun 15, 2009
AZ
I have posted this on many other threads so you may be familiar but my buff duck has been sitting on a fertile egg that she has been laying on for 14 days now. I have noticed that sometimes her egg is laying next to her and not under her. I live in AZ and it is very hot this time of year so I am wondering if it is instinct so that the egg does not become overheated? She has recently hatched out 12 ducklings in her prior home so she has experience.. I am just hoping she knows what she is doing? BTW her egg is due on the Fourth of July! I would appreciate any name inputs, ETA- Sammy (Uncle Sam) Patty (Patriotic) etc. (The duckling is going to be a buff/ fawn and white runner mix)

Thanks
smile.png

i hatched some of this 'same' mix, my hen is actually a Golden Cascade/buff mix and my drake is fawn white runner. they're crazy adorable...and momma and daddy are the cutest pair ever, totally inseperable!

as for the egg, she probably is just moving it so it doesnt overheat, birds are really sensitive when it comes to their eggs, lol. ill keep my fingers crossed for you though!
fl.gif

Thanks so much
big_smile.png
Aww I really can't wait to see what my little duckling is going to look like!
love.gif
Do have any pics you could pot of your little guys? I'd love to get an idea of what it might look like!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom