Advice needed

duckyy1

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 3, 2013
Do pekin ducklings begin to lose their feathers/fuzz when they're about four weeks or when? My ducklings has no more little fuzz on his neck is that normal? He his my first little duckling I'm just worried and I hope he's okay. Please anyone reply.

I've never raised ducks, but I'm pretty sure that this down loss is normal. Just like chickens (which I have experience with), ducks probably go through a gawky, poorly feathered stage. Just to be sure that there is nothing wrong, though, make sure there are not mites/lice crawling on him, and that any other ducklings/birds aren't picking on him.

If it was mites could you see them? How do they look? I've looked online but nothing ever comes up

If it was mites could you see them? How do they look? I've looked online but nothing ever comes up
Yes, you can usually see mites and lice if a bird has them. Mites appear as moving black specks, while lice are slower-moving, larger yellow blobs. In severe infestations, mites cause a sticky black build-up in the areas where they are. Chances are, it nothing is obvious, your duckling is parasite-free.

Back
Top Bottom