Advice on hatching eggs!

Raccoon lady

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
First time hatching eggs, I was wondering if anyone has any tips. They are hatching this thursday. Any advice will be appreciated!

One bit of advice. Don’t be surprised if more hatch than you expected. I set 22 eggs thinking that maybe 60% might hatch. I was thinking maybe 12 or 14 with half of that being roosters. I’m now proud mama to 18 healthy thriving chicks. No idea yet how many roosters or hens. My plan was for around 6 more hens and roosters to freezer camp. I could probably sell the pullets that I don’t need. Long story short, we had a bountiful harvest!

One bit of advice. Don’t be surprised if more hatch than you expected. I set 22 eggs thinking that maybe 60% might hatch. I was thinking maybe 12 or 14 with half of that being roosters. I’m now proud mama to 18 healthy thriving chicks. No idea yet how many roosters or hens. My plan was for around 6 more hens and roosters to freezer camp. I could probably sell the pullets that I don’t need. Long story short, we had a bountiful harvest!
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom