Advice please....Unemployment....

Thanks for all the info...much needed for my stress relief ! We looked on my UE page today , and it looks like things might be in progress . I talked with my BA again , and he was able to get on the phone with a guy who is head of NECA ( head of all the union contractors ) . Sounds like the guy was not very happy that my old contractor pulled this , and is personally looking into my UE files . Just to clear things up.....I asked for 2 weeks before the wedding off.....the contractor told me that the job would only be 8 weeks , so that was 2-3 weeks of me supposedly working in town . For the record , I did not file UE for the 2 weeks before the wedding , or for my honeymoon.....I filed for the weeks that I should have been working . I also go by the fact that my husband ( who supposedly quit with me ) got a lay off slip ( ROF ...reduction of force ) . Sorry that I bring all of this back up...but I have no one else who would bring me an outside perspective without being biased .

Regarding the Union...what can I say ? I love it and hate it at the same time . I believe it has more to do with the local people who are in charge than the Union itself . The Union is a good idea , if everyone would stick to the agreements , follow policies , and just do their job according to the contract . I'm not going to say anything else....I don't want this to become a knock down drag out ! Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss Unions further .

Back
Top Bottom