Advice please

I would hold a small cup up to her beak often with water, electrolytes, and mushy food. She looks like she may still be in shock, or very weak. Has she been able to stand or walk? A hen of mine that had a similar run-in with a neighbor’s dog looked very rough the first day, but then recovered well on her own.

She is doing better.
She love spaghetti in a can lol
She drinking water and she loving raw egg yolk.
She not wanting to walk around much.
All she dose is sleep and gets cuddles on our lap.
Not sure i f that’s good or bad.
She has had aloe Vera gel on her back as well as antiseptic spray.

I would hold a small cup up to her beak often with water, electrolytes, and mushy food. She looks like she may still be in shock, or very weak. Has she been able to stand or walk? A hen of mine that had a similar run-in with a neighbor’s dog looked very rough the first day, but then recovered well on her own.
What kinda electrolytes? She can stand on her own.
She will walk around in her plastic tub a bit.
She sleeps in lounge room in her tub
She not eating a heap but she dose nibble when it put near her beak

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 3
@Plymouths lift her wings and look under there for any wounds as well. If you can offer her water to sip and make some watery chicken feed mush for her several times a day, that would be helpful. When a predator goes after a hen, they can sometimes cause internal injuries. If she just has missing feathers, those will eventually grow back in, but sometimes it can take until the next molt. Let us know how she gets along. Welcome to BYC.
No puncher wounds under her wings.
Looks like she just been plucked badly

What kinda electrolytes? She can stand on her own.
She will walk around in her plastic tub a bit.
She sleeps in lounge room in her tub
She not eating a heap but she dose nibble when it put near her beak
They sell electrolytes for chicks but some warm gatorade might do. You could add a little pinch of salt and sugar to some water.
Have you tried some canned fish or cat food? Maybe she will eat that. You can mix in some chicken food with it.

They sell electrolytes for chicks but some warm gatorade might do. You could add a little pinch of salt and sugar to some water.
Have you tried some canned fish or cat food? Maybe she will eat that. You can mix in some chicken food with it.
I will give the cat food a try.
I let you know

Eating and drinking is a good thing! Nothing wrong with cuddles.
She slowly getting better
I’ve been putting white heeler on her bare back.
It’s a cream I use for horse.
As her skin was drying so hard and was hurting her walking around

Hear a up date on our beautiful girl.
Every night blanket and tv with cuddles and strawberries

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom