Ct.
Octagon 20 Eco Incubator

Email a Friend
Availability: In Stock

Your Price: $129.99

Other Options: Please select one
Select One Auto Turn Cradle +$70.00

hello everyone!
I am going to incubate my own eggs!! THis is my first time, I am doing research on the machines etc. What are your thoughts on this one? Its from mypetchicken
I Have this item in my "cart" and are ready to place my order.
Any advice is much appriciated!

Andrea:)

okay excellent!! I was hoping "you" were going to respond!
wink.png

I saw the post on the other machine!

ordered it!!
celebrate.gif

After doing some reseach, I only want to place 5 eggs in their, is that a good number to start with?
These eggs are all comming home from my house!! my rooster fertilizes most eggs.
fl.gif

You might want to check out the Brinsea website to see if it is less expensive if you are going to order the humidity pump as well. There is a sale going on for that model with the humidity pump for 399. Just to compare prices.
ETA - looks like you already ordered it
smile.png
It comes with racks so you can incubate 5 eggs easy!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you for the info.. this is my first ever time doing the hatching!! I have always just bought baby chicks, I love my girls and would love clons of them. lol
lol.png

Ill be busy on this site asking for advice etc.!! prepare to see me all the time! ha ha
lol.png

i dont know when i plan on doing this, maybe sometime in january, i will start.
My origianl plan was to order more chicks in february, but now.... nope!!
fl.gif

I could suggest (enabling vibes going your way
gig.gif
) that you join in on the New Years hatch that Mahonri is running. People are setting their eggs at noon on the 11th of December. I don't know when your incubator is arriving so it might not be possible (you could always join late if you need to). I am joining in on it for my first hatch so I will have tons of expert advice if I have problems. Got the same model bator as you with the humidity pump so even a hatching newbie like me shouldn't screw it up too bad!
wink.png

ETA - what color are your shelties? I have two shelties too! One is a blue merle and one is a bi-blue!

Last edited:
true true!!!! mmmmmm something to think about !! i know when i receive the unit, i am going to want to plug it in right away!!!
lol.png
lol.png

since this is all going to be brand new for me... when should i start collecting the eggs,,, leaving them out on the table, room temp then placing them in there?

From what I have read on here anything older than two weeks and hatchability (is that a word?
lol.png
) goes down. If you are only going to hatch five for your first hatch, I would suggest you start collecting a few days before your bator comes in. I don't know how many eggs you get a day, but I am only getting three at best and one is a pullet egg. I won't be hatching any pullet eggs since they usually don't do to well for hatching from what I have read. I started collecting yesterday. I am keeping the eggs (only 1 so far) in an egg carton in my dining room and turning them twice a day until I start incubating. Pointy end down in the carton. Go to the sticky at the top of this topic thread and read it. All great information!
ETA - you could try incubating the ones that have been in the fridge. Many people have hatched eggs that were refridgerated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom