Advice Please :)

I'll try that too
smile.png

You could try out the new 'bator with your own eggs first to get the kinks worked out. Then try hatching ones you have to pay for.

Quote:
Hah! (I am not laughing at you, I am laughing at myself.) You are smart
tongue.png
I guess that would be a good idea! I'm going to set the eggs ASAP, but I may not be able to do it until after or on Christmas day. Thanks for the advice so for!

just a small reminder if you hatch your own eggs to prevent inbreeding you may want to put pullets into a seperate coop and sell off cockerels and use the cockerel from the eggs you buy as a new blood line with your chicks and if you get pullets from the eggs you buy you can use one of your cockerels with those pullets so 3 coops just part of incubating your own eggs

Quote:
It's normal practice to breed parent/child if you are trying to bring out certain traits. I'm not sure, but I believe it's called line-breeding, and it's an accepted practice. Chickens don't care....

Quote:
It's normal practice to breed parent/child if you are trying to bring out certain traits. I'm not sure, but I believe it's called line-breeding, and it's an accepted practice. Chickens don't care....

I didn't know that. Thanks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom