Advice please?

What your seeing in their poop might not be blood at all. My chickens and many others have had a little redness in their poop but in fact this is not even close to blood, it's simply some bug, plant or something they ate. You might want to take a closer look at the droppings. If they were all getting infected then wouldn't there be bloody droppings in all of the them? I'm really not sure about your situation. You should tell him to separate his birds from the ones you sold him just incase.
smile.png
Please read above post regarding blood in droppings. No need to separate birds as they have all been exposed. Yes,intestinal lining is stringy and can look like blood,but it does not kill.

OP does not know if there was ever any blood in droppings.

Last edited:
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I thought I would just post an update.

I think it was coccoidosis that was the problem. It seems we can get 'corid' here in New Zealand. He has treated his existing two girls and he got another two Shaver pullets from me....I sold him the oldest ones I had (40 weeks old) as the younger ones seem to be most affected I think? He says they are all healthy and well

Anyway, thank you for all your replies, it seems mystery is solved and treatment worked

Back
Top Bottom