Advice please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by parklandchicks, Aug 11, 2014.

1. parklandchicks

parklandchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2014
    Parkland County, Ab
    Hi there I hope someone can give me some advice. I got a chicken family 2 weeks ago. It is a Silkie mom and dad and their 6 (adopted)chicks. The lady I got them from told me the Silkie rooster was picked on by her other roosters and some times falls over. So for the last two weeks he's been slow moving but otherwise hes alright, he's been eating and drinking. Well yesterday my son found him on his side and he couldn't get up. We brought him in and gave him some homemade electrolites he seemed a little better today so my daughter and I decided to bathe him and see if we could tell what's wrong. With him being wet we can now see his right wing is limp and upon inspection we see a small wound and there is tiny bugs around it. I'm not sure what to do next? Any advice?

2. chickencreek

chickencreek Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2014
    do the bugs look like fleas or what? it could be infected if you are desperate to keep it then call your vet and see if they look at chickens and if they do take him over there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by