Advice Request for Resin Shed to Coop Conversion

My coop article also includes photos of the framing for a monitor: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-little-monitor-coop.76275/

I highly recommend them -- massive ventilation that's totally draft-free.
THANK YOU -- that's really awesome -- and I love how the hardware cloth is the wall of the "monitor" --- Your little coop is not much smaller than the completely inappropriately sized one I am using now for my sweet chickens, btw. I wish I was competent at building -- that I had taken shop in high school instead of all the stupid "college prep" classes that did nothing to prepare me for anything. LOL. (Not that I am against higher education -- I have a Masters -- but how sad that I can't even build the simplest of chicken coops.) If I only knew then what I know NOW!

THANK YOU -- that's really awesome -- and I love how the hardware cloth is the wall of the "monitor" --- Your little coop is not much smaller than the completely inappropriately sized one I am using now for my sweet chickens, btw. I wish I was competent at building -- that I had taken shop in high school instead of all the stupid "college prep" classes that did nothing to prepare me for anything. LOL. (Not that I am against higher education -- I have a Masters -- but how sad that I can't even build the simplest of chicken coops.) If I only knew then what I know NOW!

I'm blessed to be from a handy family and that my DH is from a handy family.

The resin sheds from Lifetime are probably built by the same manufacturer as the Rubbermaid sheds. Lifetime sells an “Extreme Weather Roof Support System” that’s really overpriced. The same thing can be nearly copied for a fraction of the cost using the the metal angle steel L frame pieces used to build garage door opener frames, sold at Lowes or HD. Find the Lifetime kit for sale on either of these websites or Costco or Sams and they will have downloadable pdf’s for the install and instructions. You’ll be able to get a close up look of how it fits, is put together and measurements, etc. This can really expand your options to modify the resin shed for venting and lighting, etc. and gives a solid frame with holes built in to the metal itself to add, change or expand later on too. Check out the pdf instructions sheet and let the ideas flow of what you could do😊

Back
Top Bottom