Advise about mold/rot on new coops

You can clean the moldy pieces and use a good paint - preferably a mold inhibiting paint, like they make for bathrooms.

The splitting pieces are problematic. You might need to replace those. You should absolutely do so others say and see if the manufacturer will replace those parts. If they don't, you may have to do some minor replacing. I think you can make it work, though.

I'm rooting for you!!!
:celebrate

I emailed customer service this morning to see what they say and worst case maybe they will replace at least the cracked pieces for me. Fingers crossed... I am going to clean the mold and get some paint today and see if that helps as well. I may have to add or replace some parts on my own but I wanted to make sure that I cleaned the mold properly so they don’t get sick.

I emailed customer service this morning to see what they say and worst case maybe they will replace at least the cracked pieces for me. Fingers crossed... I am going to clean the mold and get some paint today and see if that helps as well. I may have to add or replace some parts on my own but I wanted to make sure that I cleaned the mold properly so they don’t get sick.
Good deal, hope they replace the obviously broken parts.
I wouldn't worry too much about the mold, just let it dry out in the sun..maybe after a 10% bleach spray.....and don't let it get rained on again.

Back
Top Bottom