Advise needed. Shipping eggs issue.

Quote:
Thank you. Its been one of those weeks. The funny thing is you never know who you can trust anymore. You live and learn. I should have a 5 page written contract to get eggs from me. I sell the chicks that I hatched from my 0% hatch eggs each week but it must be my eggs. Whatever. I don't know how one person can ruin it for everyone. Im done. Take care. Bryan

I just had 2 sets from two different BYC members that resulted in a 0 % hatch rate with 19 clear and only 5 develop but not hatch. I feel that is the risk I take at having a few from the breeds I want. I would not try to get money back or even ask for new eggs, but if they offered if I sent bad eggs back I would gladly send them. I have one more set going in hatcher tonight keeping my
fl.gif
that they hatch. (BCM very hard for me to hatch) only time will tell.

I whish that someone that works in t he usps could tell us how the boxes that say fragile are really treated.

I guess we have spend lot of money on shipped eggs and not getting any chicks

I now realize that buying chicks is the best way to go

once you have your own flock , than you can have fun with the incubation

I never ask the seller to send new eggs, if I wanted a more guaranteed hatch I would buy locally. Everytime I have ever had eggs shipped to me (all from BYCers too) I have only had 1 or 2 hatch if any at all. I have quit buying eggs far away. I never contacted the sellers about it though, I figure it wasn't their fault. I would just ignore and go on.

Quote:
Thank you. Its been one of those weeks. The funny thing is you never know who you can trust anymore. You live and learn. I should have a 5 page written contract to get eggs from me. I sell the chicks that I hatched from my 0% hatch eggs each week but it must be my eggs. Whatever. I don't know how one person can ruin it for everyone. Im done. Take care. Bryan

Sorry about your birds
hugs.gif
I can sympathize......... About 2 months ago, I lost 8 prized chicks to a fox in one night. It's like loosing teeny tiny little children.

Quote:
Just my thoughts on BCM, I've been hatching my own for a few years now. I only add water on day 1 and 18. I have great results. Their shells are so much thicker than most breeds. I do love hatching BCM, I feel like I've done something right but lots of practice.

Quote:

Sorry about your birds
hugs.gif
I can sympathize......... About 2 months ago, I lost 8 prized chicks to a fox in one night. It's like loosing teeny tiny little children.

Thank you. I paid a bunch for my Greenfire pair and the coon got the rooster. He was turning out so nicely too. I'm hoping to hatch out some of his chicks next week and keep them.

Quote:
Sorry about your birds
hugs.gif

Thank you. I paid a bunch for my Greenfire pair and the coon got the rooster. He was turning out so nicely too. I'm hoping to hatch out some of his chicks next week and keep them.

The ones I lost 2 months ago I am trying to replace in the bator right now. I have about 60 eggs i ordered, and I don't think any are going to hatch.
hit.gif
I don't, however, think that it is the sellers fault! I do wonder if the PO uses "Fragile" marked boxes to play soccer with.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I'm more than amazed that your buyer expected full replacement of eggs that did not hatch.

As a seller, you're supposed to 1. ensure that all eggs sent are fertile (and by the way, this was a 0 hatch, not a 0 fertility rate), 2. guarantee the shipment isn't damaged in the process of getting to the new owner and 3. that the person who received these had the brains to handle and incubate them correctly?

Really?

I'd be tempted to remind this person that they're dealing with fragile eggs; this ain't Walmart where items can be returned for a full replacement.

I'm doing my first "purchased eggs" incubation; 6 eggs that are due to hatch this weekend. One hatched last night, 2 are pipping now. Nothing from the other 3, although they were fertile. I'd be thrilled with a 50 percent hatch rate.

Not sure how much money we're talking about you losing with this Paypal business; if minimal, I'd let it go but I sure wouldn't waste my time sending this person more eggs in an attempt to make them happy.

Gail

Back
Top Bottom