Advise on my Coop design, Please

Oh yes, I do intend to incorporate poop boards, as i have read they will be much appreciated. I also intend some type of clean out door, haven't imagined that just yet, still thoughts in progress. The floor will be a sheet if linoleum for easier clean up as well. The roost boards will be laid flat and 18" apart and I did forget about the 45 degree angle on nest box. I do not want them roosting and pooping up there. When I add lighting for additional laying, do I point it at the roost or the nest boxes?

It has been a while since I've been back to this thread, still following many others though. The time is getting closer to end my northern existence and begin my southern rebirth. Plans are going slow, but going in the right direction. I should be moved and begin building my coop by the time summer hits. My flock will be quick to follow. February I will be taking a trip south to scout out some properties I've had my eye on. Once the right one is chosen there will be NO turning back. When I begin my coop build I will be sure to take as many pics as I can and post on the coops thread for all to follow my progress and so that you can correct my mistakes. Well the new ones that I WILL be making, because you have given me many corrections already. Thank you all for you support and encouragement so far. I look forward to further updates, hopefully very soon.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens;)!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you chickychick. I have no doubt this is the best forum for chickens. I lurked and learned for 18 months before finally joining in October. The people here are awesome, much to learn. I have read every page of several long threads and gained much knowledge had many questions answered before even the need to ask.

Back
Top Bottom