Aerial view of my farm

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ScoobyRoo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I remember seeing this posted before but....I had a gentleman just stop by to offer me a big 10 x 14 (?) framed picture of my farm. $80! I said nice picture but uhh, "no". Then he said I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal but don't go bragging to your neighbors about it. $40 for just the picture without glass/ frame. I said 'no' Thank goodness he wasn't pushy or I would have called Rooster Booster in to run him off.[​IMG] and of course it was his last stop and he wouldn't be back 'just in case I changed my mind'. Oh well.

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my parents got one of these many years ago, was actually a nice picture and I think its still on the wall in the kitchen

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I do have one that is about 17 years old. Would have loved to have it. Many changes here in the years. But right now we are in a 'need' situation not 'want'.[​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

We bought one years ago of our farmstead. My in-laws who lived here before we did had an even older one that they had given us. It was fun looking at the changes over the years.

5. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

We don't have any current aerial photos of our place...but oh, how I'd love one...We do have 3 [​IMG] old ones....The first is black and white(kinda sepia colored actually) we firgured it from the early 1900's. Then there is on that is dated from the mid 1930's and the 3rd on is dated 1960's. That was the last photo...We actually found the 2 oldest one out in the barn. The newest one was in a closet in a frame when we moved in here. I have them hanging on the diningroom wall. Our house was built in the 1860's (or maybe before--on our appraisal they actually have the original house being built in the 1840's so who knows...)...Or at least the original part of it was. You can see that in the 1900's photo. The 1930's and 1960's photo the house looks exactly the same as it does now--except the 30's photo the house was green. Now it's white. and in the 60's photo the house had an enclosed porch--it's open now...
    The land has changed so much since the first photo.
    You can even see the original parts of the barn in photo #1 and watch the progression of additions through out the other 2 pictures....

Wish someone would take another photo for us and stop...BUT WHEN IT'S NICE OUT....I dont' need the spring slush/mud photos..I have enough tracks throughout the house...don't need a photo to remind me of the mess... [​IMG]

We are the first family to own this plot of land that is NOT in the original family's name. The previous owners have certificates showing that it's been in there family for 225+ years(which puts it in the 1775's or so--before WI even became a state).....Kinda neat...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    Can you print off the arieal photo that you can get from Zillow.com and have it framed yourself? I have never tried it so I am not sure.

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Why not just go to google earth & find your own aerial "shot"?

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I want one of our place [​IMG]

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:That is neat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by