Votes: 6 33.3%
  • They only know me if I bring food šŸ™„

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • They don't like me šŸ˜„

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • They hate me with passion šŸ˜

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
oh he is way too adorable! I hope he's okay despite his issues!
Seems to be doing well: eating, drinking, growing, POOPING šŸ¤£smallest of the 4 siblings but still growing well. When it first hatched it looked like a solid yellow duckling and then I realized its ā€œrootsā€ were black (so looked like someone that dyes their hair blond and it was growing out šŸ¤£) now with feathers coming in, Donald looks totally different. (Pic is from like 2 days old)

Attachments

• CD4F3808-53F2-43C3-8EEA-E10B83E4EC9E.jpeg
    CD4F3808-53F2-43C3-8EEA-E10B83E4EC9E.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 4
I sit on my backdoor steps so that my 4 drakes can come and sit with me or above me if they want. They love hanging out and nibbling my feet, but only one likes physical affection. He will jab me in the shoulder if I am not giving him enough attention when I am talking to the other ducks. He likes his chest and the back of his neck being cooched. He will also sit next to me under my arm and go to sleep. He does not, emphatically not, like being picked up. Two of other three are easy to pick up and tolerate stroking but don't really want it. The fourth wants to sit close by, and nibble shoes but rarely wants to come close enough to be touched. He is also easy to pick up if I need to.

My sons 4 female ducks are all keen on hanging out -- they wait for me by the gate when they hear my car. They love nibbly nibbly but are not interested in being petted. One of the ducks was with me -- she is a rescued muscovy -- and was very affectionate. She had so much to tell me and would sit on the arm of my chair and tell me all about it while I cooched her chest each morning. Now that she is happy with her female ducky friends, she has lost interest in being with me and telling me all about it. When my son's drake was giving her a bad time, she was back to being close to me and telling me all about it every morning. We moved the drake to my flock and she went back to being a duck. Then a feral rooster showed up and terrorized the female ducks for a week or so. My muscovy went back to being needy, coming to sit on the arm of my chair and being cooched while she told me all about it [well I think she was telling me about the rooster!] Now peace reigns, the female ducks like foraging with the rooster as he is good at digging up bugs and is willing to share his bounty. My little muscovy has returned to being a duck and although she, like the others, comes to meet me and will play nibbly nibbly with my shoes, has lost interest in affection!

So the moral of this is all ducks are different: some like affection, some don't and that can change with circumstances over time!

I have 8 ducks three cayugas two of which are drakes. And then two blue swedish two Pekins one khaki campbell.
The Campbell doesn't mind being picked up too much my pekin ducks both don't mind being picked up or petted to much the blue swedish avoid me and the cayugas don't like me very much, none of my ducks like to be petted but if I stand out there with them for a little bit they will come over start nibbling on my shoes and my jeans. They will come to me if I have food. And Rose one of the blue swedish has even tried messing with my hair and almost poked my eye and had mud on her bill too, smh. I love my ducks and wouldn't trade them for the world.
One of my blue swedish has a messed up bill she absolutely hates being picked up. Anytime I pick her up she quacks as loud as she can and acts like I am trying hurt her, I only pick her up to check her feet and over all well being but she hates it so much I don't like picking her up that often because of it.:(
I really wish she would let me pick her up without acting like she does.
Here is a picture of Rose, she likes me when I have food though (she is skiddish even when food is involved) Rose likes to nibble on the belt loops on my pants when I crouch down and sit near them all, as well mess with my shoes. She isn't afraid to drive chickens and other ducks away from her food. She can be a feisty one that's for sure.
20220326_141331.jpg

I have 8 ducks three cayugas two of which are drakes. And then two blue swedish two Pekins one khaki campbell.
The Campbell doesn't mind being picked up too much my pekin ducks both don't mind being picked up or petted to much the blue swedish avoid me and the cayugas don't like me very much, none of my ducks like to be petted but if I stand out there with them for a little bit they will come over start nibbling on my shoes and my jeans. They will come to me if I have food. And Rose one of the blue swedish has even tried messing with my hair and almost poked my eye and had mud on her bill too, smh. I love my ducks and wouldn't trade them for the world.
One of my blue swedish has a messed up bill she absolutely hates being picked up. Anytime I pick her up she quacks as loud as she can and acts like I am trying hurt her, I only pick her up to check her feet and over all well being but she hates it so much I don't like picking her up that often because of it.:(
I really wish she would let me pick her up without acting like she does.
Here is a picture of Rose, she likes me when I have food though (she is skiddish even when food is involved) Rose likes to nibble on the belt loops on my pants when I crouch down and sit near them all, as well mess with my shoes. She isn't afraid to drive chickens and other ducks away from her food. She can be a feisty one that's for sure.View attachment 3046861
Aww wow! Poor girl, did she hatch like that or?
It sounds like your ducks have a great home with you! šŸ˜

All mine hate me. They run from me and act like im a duck serial killer. But man those cute little waddling booties. Every now and then, I get close enough and catch one and get a good cuddle in, but it's not often. And I'm ok with that. They r just so darn cute. I love each ones personality, and they r all so different. I just enjoy watching them, and seeing their reaction when I talk to them.

Back
Top Bottom