Affiliation

Saxesmith

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 18, 2013
Does anyone know if there is a way for a local backyard chicken organization to affiliate with BYC?
I am a board member of Philadelphia Backyard Chickens
We are currently over 1,000 members strong and are sure more would "flock" to us if we were not boxed in right now by a city ordinance that we are trying to reverse. In the meantime, we are building our organization and slowly winning some court battles to keep our flocks. The more we can show that we are part of something much bigger, the stronger our case. Can someone tell me if groups as well as individuals can join BYC?
Thanks, Susan Saxe for Philadelphia Backyard Chicken

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Is it ok to put links to this site on our Facebook page and future webpage if we have one? I think our members would be interested in what BYC has to offer and would most likely also join as individuals.

Does anyone know if there is a way for a local backyard chicken organization to affiliate with BYC?

We're open to hearing your ideas and suggestions.

Is it ok to put links to this site on our Facebook page and future webpage if we have one? I think our members would be interested in what BYC has to offer and would most likely also join as individuals.
Yes, absolutely link to BYC from all your places!

In fact, I STRONGLY suggest that you create a thread for your group here on BYC (probably in our "where are you" section) and link directly to that. That way, people here on BYC can see what you're working on and pitch in with advice, etc. where help is needed.

I'll bring this up with the rest of the board of our (longstanding but newly incorporated) group, but off the top of my head, the simplest way for a local group to become a "chapter" or "affiliate" might be to just ask the admins if we can be listed as such somewhere on the site where people looking for local support could go to see who was in their geographic area, and post some way to get in touch with them--such as the link to their website or Facebook page, or the email address of their contact person. And of course groups could create a thread or threads to discuss local concerns. Does that make sense from your end?

Would you folks consider starting a "find a group near you" page to help local groups grow?

Back
Top Bottom