Afraid my Polish is a Roo, can anyone confirm?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by roseschickies, Oct 25, 2012.

1. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    [​IMG]

My Pretty Polish Chicken Flo,(about 6weeks) I just got them a couple weeks ago and love them so much!! Especially my polish!! But I am afraid it is a Roo, and I cannot have a Roo can anyone confirm from this picture? Flo is pretty aggressive and talks a lot, seems to be in charge. The waddle is larger than my others, that I am sure are all female, Flo also has 2 little "horns" you can kind of see in the pic.

Thanks for any help!

Edit, I am wrong in the age, time fly's when you are having fun, they are actually 8-9 weeks old.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    both of the chickens in that pic if they are 6 weeks old are cockerels

3. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Awe... boo to that... Can you tell me what the breed is on the 2nd

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Yeah, they both look like cockerels to me too. Not sure on breed.

5. RainyPeeps

RainyPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    The Polish is a roo. Is it the only Polish you got? They are so much fun. I love just watching mine run blindly around the run. So spastic!

6. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I was thinking that Polish was a pullet, the crest is nice and round but the chick on the left looks like a cockerel.

7. RainyPeeps

RainyPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Yes, the polish does have a nice round crest, but I don't think a 9 week old should have big, red wattles and comb already. The crests are tricky, and should not be trusted every time. I have seen cockerels with rounded ones and pullets with total rocker doos. Now if the ages are off and it really is older, then you might have a case for a pullet.

8. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    Maybe another pic would help. :)

9. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Na.. he started to Crow! lol I also had to get rid of my silkie, also a Roo, the rest are all Pullets :) I did get another 5 chicks, another silkie, ( and i have a feeling this silkie is a Roo) and they did not have any Polish :( so maybe next time i get more, I will get a polish again.

10. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    If you want to know if your new silkie is a male or female just post a pic. ;) Polish chickens are soooooooooo pretty! I love 'em! (I don't have any, but I want some!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by