African Pygmy Geese

They had tons of birds, these are only a few since we were literally running through the park since they were closing for the day, sadly. Sorry if pics are bad we had to go! The birds in the pics are in order with their descriptions here. They had Indian pygmies as well but couldn't get a good pic. And correct me if I'm wrong on the names too!
1 falcated teal
2 white headed duck
3 harlequins
4 eiders
5 scaly mergansers ( I think )
6 penguins
7 buffleheads
8 brown eared pheasant
9 macaw
10 java peacock
11 eyetons tree duck
12 Victoria crowned pigeons ( size like a turkey and extremely friendly )
13 scarlet ibis
14 southern lapwing or masked not sure
15 pink eared ducks
16 avocets ( I think )
17 Pygmy geese
18 Pygmy geese
19 radjahs shels
20 Victorian crowneds
21 eyetons
22 pygmies
23 green naped pheasant pigeon ( he kept moving and I couldn't get a good shot )
24 ruddy shelducks
25 southern pochard ( I think )
26 goldeneye
27 harlequins
28 whooper swans ( I think )
29 Philippine duck

Thanks, and it was amazing I was crying because they told us to leave!!!! And what really stunk was we saw all the other exhibits and we were on the way out and then we realized there was an AVIARY!!!! And I freaked and we literally ran through it and I was upset because I didn't get see half of the creatures in there. But it does give me an excuse to go back one day!!
wee.gif

Do any of you have experience with African Grey Geese? I have a 4 year old pair and the the gander has turned on his mate for the new year old goose and viciously attacks her. The vet at A&M think he may be culling her from the flock because she has not been productive.

There are a few here, but remain very expensive (not an easy species to rear in captivity).

Virgil Bates was able to rear a few last year, his pics are here: http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8105

I can't get onto ISIS any longer to see what zoos they are in, but I'm thinking Bronx has some and possibly Miami?

Dan
the secret of this species they need a very high aviary and you must not pin it for successful breeding

Back
Top Bottom