After 2 long months the coop is done and I just have to show it off.

Great coop and a favourite design of mine!
thumbsup.gif

What are the measurements of the coop and porch?

Quote:
Thanks, I need to figure out my daughters scanner and post the plans to the feeder. It's actually fairly easy to build and works like a charm. Now if I could figure out how to make the coops self cleaning I think i could patent something.
lol.png

Quote:
The coop itself is 10' by 20' giving each side a 10' by 10' individual coop. The rear deck is 3'wide, I simply added an additional 4' to the roof and built the walkway under it.

Quote:
The coop itself is 10' by 20' giving each side a 10' by 10' individual coop. The rear deck is 3'wide, I simply added an additional 4' to the roof and built the walkway under it.

Thanks! Now it seems like fort knox and all but couldn't a raccoon turn the handles on the outside nestboxes? That's the only thing that I saw that might be a future problem depending on the preds around you.

Quote:

Thanks! Now it seems like fort knox and all but couldn't a raccoon turn the handles on the outside nestboxes? That's the only thing that I saw that might be a future problem depending on the preds around you.

I guess that's a possibility but honestly how far do you go to secure them? I hate to say I'll deal with that if it happens but I've used those types of handles for decades and never had anything challenge it. I thought about using metal latches but I don't want to make it too inconvenient for myself. I know coons can be clever but I'll have to wait and see, hopefully the nest doors are heavy enough to put a knot on its head if it manages to turn the handle.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom