After 2 months of getting 2 chickens suddenly dropped off at my door...

Ricchan

Chirping
Jun 21, 2022
How it started:
(Yes, those are chickens in a trash can, and no they didn't stay in there for long lol)
1657489203912.png

And now:
1657489208219.png

I've gone off the deep end on tinkering with this coop for a month but my chicken training yard/parkour course is almost complete! The flock just lazing about in this summer heat. I tried to use a banana as a parkour prize but no one cared for the banana :(

A little bit about the run:
The entire run is predator proof and they just roost outside despite the option to roost in the little house. The little ones sometimes roost in there since their spot gets taken :( The actual enclosure was a 10x7x7 green house that I got off ebay and covered w/ hardware cloth. Used just normal cinder blocks all around the perimeter stacked 2 high. Tucked the cloth between the two blocks to stop any rats from getting in. Painstakingly hog clipped the mesh together at each seem. Gate out of just some PVC and more cloth. I made a little dust pit with sand on the back left, but that was a bit of a mistake since they perch there now and poop right into it...I need to move that next weekend 😅
I spent a weekend making the nesting box from scrap I found on craigslist, turned out quite nicely and they used it for the first time today! I just put it in last night, so I was glad they took too it.
Might add a swing out of some other scrap wood I found but for now this cabbage boxing shall have to suffice for their entertainment. 😇

1657489717286.png
1657489309972.png

I posted this picture before but it's the most convenient for their names!
1657490155713.png
1657490164605.png

1657490174132.png

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed it :)

How it started:
(Yes, those are chickens in a trash can, and no they didn't stay in there for long lol)
View attachment 3181319

And now:
View attachment 3181320
I've gone off the deep end on tinkering with this coop for a month but my chicken training yard/parkour course is almost complete! The flock just lazing about in this summer heat. I tried to use a banana as a parkour prize but no one cared for the banana :(

A little bit about the run:
The entire run is predator proof and they just roost outside despite the option to roost in the little house. The little ones sometimes roost in there since their spot gets taken :( The actual enclosure was a 10x7x7 green house that I got off ebay and covered w/ hardware cloth. Used just normal cinder blocks all around the perimeter stacked 2 high. Tucked the cloth between the two blocks to stop any rats from getting in. Painstakingly hog clipped the mesh together at each seem. Gate out of just some PVC and more cloth. I made a little dust pit with sand on the back left, but that was a bit of a mistake since they perch there now and poop right into it...I need to move that next weekend 😅
I spent a weekend making the nesting box from scrap I found on craigslist, turned out quite nicely and they used it for the first time today! I just put it in last night, so I was glad they took too it.
Might add a swing out of some other scrap wood I found but for now this cabbage boxing shall have to suffice for their entertainment. 😇

View attachment 3181330View attachment 3181322

I posted this picture before but it's the most convenient for their names!
View attachment 3181338View attachment 3181339
View attachment 3181340

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed it :)
Great names !

Back
Top Bottom