After lurking for a while, decided to join

Siafu619

In the Brooder
May 6, 2015
Hi! I'm Liz and I'm a new chicken mommy from San Diego. We got 6 chicks around Easter and have been busy building our coop and watching our ladies (hope they are all ladies) grow. Our little flock includes a white Silkie named Snowflake 2 (Snowflake 1 passed away), a Buff Orphington named Creampuff, 2 Lacy Wyndottes McNugget & FlufferNutter, and 2 Black Silkie mixes named Gunny & Graciella. I look forward to browsing, sharing pictures of our newly built coop, and getting to know everyone!!!

Hi, Liz, welcome to BYC!!!!! It's so nice to "meet" you and your little flock. I do hope you'll make yourself at home. If you are curious about the genders on your birds you can always post photos here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and we can help you sort things out, though silkies are notoriously hard to sex for quite some time longer than other breeds.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Those are some great breeds. I like their names! I have five hens named Gracie, Sunny, Quanie, Daisy and Rosie.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC, Liz. Glad you decided join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) I used to raise Black Silkies, and they were adorable, sweet, friendly, and funny little birds. I still have Buff Orpingtons in my flock and my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) has made lap pets of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom