After much blood, sweat, and no tears (I don't cry,) we have a secure coop

abenardini

Songster
7 Years
I have a few minor finishing things I need to do, but most of the hard labor is done. My hands are bleeding, I broke a nail on my big toe (don't ask LOL,) and almost died of heatstroke. BUT, any predators that want my birds will have a run for their money. No chicken housing will ever be completely proofed but I believe this to be pretty adequate. I've never used HWM higher than 3 feet on the sides and haven't had any problems but guess we'll see.

The things I have left are putting HWM over the windows, putting wire cage clips to fortify the zip ties, and inserting some heavy duty ground stakes for the ground HWM. I'm installing a forced air sealed motor fan with auto closure like I've used before. It's hotter than hell right now, 100 during the day and not much better at night. Going to put in a few more vents at the top as well.

Attachments

• Coop1.jpeg
    Coop1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • Coop2.jpeg
    Coop2.jpeg
    958.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Coop3.jpeg
    Coop3.jpeg
    964.4 KB · Views: 3
I feel your pain, here in Cen. TX! In a heat bomb right now. Husband will be installing the metal roof on the 8x10 run extension this weekend. Then yours truly will continue installing the HW cloth walls/aprons. May/June have historically been the only summer months that still have decent weather. Not so any more. Your setup looks good, you chickens will thank you.

I feel your pain, here in Cen. TX! In a heat bomb right now. Husband will be installing the metal roof on the 8x10 run extension this weekend. Then yours truly will continue installing the HW cloth walls/aprons. May/June have historically been the only summer months that still have decent weather. Not so any more. Your setup looks good, you chickens will thank you.
Awesome! I would like to eventually do the same thing for the run, but just using the tarps for now. My husband and I aren't the most technically inclined with building things, so we'll see :D.

Back
Top Bottom