After reading

MS Rooster Cogb

Songster
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
Kentwood Louisiana
After reading so many of you'll ideas, I spent Sunday re-doing my Chicken coop making it safer & easier to clean & more convent for me & my Ladies. I notice they were laying in the same nest, so this morning in stead of picking my egg's up I placed an egg in a few of the other nest hoping this encourages them to lay in other nest.

After reading so many of you'll ideas, I spent Sunday re-doing my Chicken coop making it safer & easier to clean & more convent for me & my Ladies. I notice they were laying in the same nest, so this morning in stead of picking my egg's up I placed an egg in a few of the other nest hoping this encourages them to lay in other nest.
Has it worked?

yes everything has worked out. I bought some plastic eggs from the Dollar store ( the one you open & put candy in) & placed them in the nest boxes worked great & cheap! I took the back wall off cut it off about 6 inches put wire at top & bottom of it for more air & now I can just hose it out, water & poop passes through wire. Added hinges to back wall now it's a door. And I finally got the fence up around the rabbits & hen hotel so the horses can't get in to trouble. they were curious and knocking things over, I was afraid they were going to let a Rabbit out.
thumbsup.gif

And I have been picking up 6 to 9 eggs a day!

Last edited:
I used plastic eggs and found that they were more accepting of them after I installed rocks for weight. Prior to that, they kept kicking them out while arranging the straw to their liking! So, if you start finding them on the floor, add weight.

Back
Top Bottom