Aftermath of Duck Attack

SolarDuckie

Hatching
May 12, 2015
Ohio
So back before Christmas, I had a Khaki Campbell duck attacked by either my neighbors dog or a fox. I've kept her in the house since and have given her daily baths. Her leg was and has been completely useless (I think it may have been broken) Anyways the leg still has no use and her toes have started turning black. I'm not a huge duck person as I've only recently got them.Any advice is greatly needed!

Sadly I don't have the money to take her to vet. I'll keep researching it but if all comes to nothing I may end up having my dad put her down unless it's non life threating. She's learning very slowly to use one leg but I don't know how long it'll last

So back before Christmas, I had a Khaki Campbell duck attacked by either my neighbors dog or a fox. I've kept her in the house since and have given her daily baths. Her leg was and has been completely useless (I think it may have been broken) Anyways the leg still has no use and her toes have started turning black. I'm not a huge duck person as I've only recently got them.Any advice is greatly needed!
What are you doing to keep infection out of the injured leg? could she have gangrene in the foot?

The original wound is healing but I didn't realize anything was wrong with the foot besides the fact it was completely limp. It very well be gangrene now that I think about it. She's still not able to use it but has learned to stand on one leg. What would I do if it turned to be gangrene? Like I said is I'm not very good with duck and I'm still learning
hmm.png

The original wound is healing but I didn't realize anything was wrong with the foot besides the fact it was completely limp. It very well be gangrene now that I think about it. She's still not able to use it but has learned to stand on one leg. What would I do if it turned to be gangrene? Like I said is I'm not very good with duck and I'm still learning
hmm.png
When you feel the foot and leg is it warm like the other one? if it's cold then most likely there is not any blood flow to that part, gangrene would need to be addressed by a vet. Does she seem to be in pain, is she depressed or is she eating, drinking and popping like normal?

@SolarDuckie

Back
Top Bottom