again, don't think im dumb!

Quote:
Or the occassional 4 y/o kid that physically removes the hens from the nest to get the other eggs she has tucked under her
roll.png

Ours haven't had light, and they almost completely stopped laying. From 30+ hens we were getting 4-6 eggs a day. Yesterday we had a 32 egg day
wee.gif

How long have you had them? They usually will stop laying for a few weeks after being moved to a new location, even if it is within your own yard.

Thats good to know!! I've only had them for about 3 weeks now.

i
forgot that reason too lol,, if they have just been rehomed, it could take anywhere from 1 week to a month for them to start up again. sometimes you get a few on the first couple days, but they usually stop, then will start up again when they get "comfy"

ok, so the guy probably wasn't pullin my leg when he said they were actively laying
smile.png
Im so excited to get my first egg!!!!

Does it also take a while for them to start to spend more time out of the coop? When i first got them they never came out but now they are coming out every now and then but they are still spending a majority of their time inside the coop.

if the weather isnt a problem there ( really REALLY cold, snowing, wind) then i would kick em out in the morning, have their feed out there and water,, and leave em out there for the day, after doing that once or twice, they'll get the hint
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom