Again, nesting boxes

You could have one for each hen and they will probably only use the same one. I have 30 hens and I have 10 nesting boxes and they use 2, and a spot in the bushes and under a pallet leaning against the wall. They go where the want to go!!

Czech's_chicks :

You could have one for each hen and they will probably only use the same one. I have 30 hens and I have 10 nesting boxes and they use 2, and a spot in the bushes and under a pallet leaning against the wall. They go where the want to go!!

And no way to stop them! I think I will convince to
have no more than 3! Thanks!​

i have 10 hens 4 nest boxs and they use 3 of 4
thumbsup.gif

I think you are good with what you have. They won't use all of them. I have 100+ chickens and I have about 30 nesting boxes and I sometimes find as many as 10 eggs in 1 nesting box every day
barnie.gif
They just don't use all of them.

I have 10 hens in one coop and it has 6 nesting boxes. I always find all of the eggs in one box, except one of my Brahmas lays across the coop by herself, so I think you are good, except maybe when everybody goes broody or something.

I have seven hens.Those that lay in the am use the milk crate in the chicken shed(while locked up).When I take them to the back yard they all use the booda litter box nester in the lean- to even though I have a milk crate and a wicker laundry basket. I think I read one nest box per 3 hens.Lol,sometimes I had 2 hens in the booda box!The hens would fight ove the one milk crate even though I had 2 more set up!

Back
Top Bottom