Again, our Buffs keep us on our toes

WitchChick

Chirping
Nov 26, 2011
I saw a post somewhere where a Buff was being "for sure" sexed as a roo. It was very young, like my two. They are 1.5 months old. I thought this was too early, but now he has me looking at my girls with suspicion!

Can anyone ease my mind?

Here they are, 2 mos and 5 days old. I still think they are hens, even though one is quite a bit bigger. They are both rowdy. I just posted on of these pics on my website, and someone said "ROO!!" to the one sitting in the front, Rebel. Any wagers now? :) BTW, my other Buff kept me guessing until she laid an egg!! I just hope they are both hens, they are so close and I would hate to have to give one away :(....(I try not to get attached, but....)

They're adorable! My Buff is my favorite even though she goes broody quite often. She does have difficulty in the heat, though. All those feather!
Mary

They're adorable! My Buff is my favorite even though she goes broody quite often. She does have difficulty in the heat, though. All those feather!
Mary

My older one too. She is loosing feathers everywhere! We have had temps over 105 for over 7 days.....I try to keep them cool with a mister, and frozen water bottles in the coop. I water the yard and hiding places , then let them go at it :).

Back
Top Bottom