Buff Orpingtons and Silkies, Three months old, sexing help

ChrissieGub

Hatching
Jul 25, 2023
We were given our first two chicks, buff Orpingtons, straight run from Tractor Supply. They are now three months old. We have our suspicions, but it was semi-confirmed this morning when I heard a weak cockle doodle doo. I would love help sexing these! We also have one white silkie that is suspect. Hoping the odds weren’t against us and that we ended up with three cockerels out of five chickens! Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2239.png
    IMG_2239.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2240.png
    IMG_2240.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2241.png
    IMG_2241.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    843.2 KB · Views: 32
The buff orpington is a cockerel, and the white silkie is possibly one too. The partridge silkie and the red sex link are pullets. Not sure about the last silkie.
So this makes much more sense. I thought the one in front was also a buff, but the color was so different! As you can see, brand new chicken Mama, and they were both advertised as buffs. Glad to see our Nugget seems to be a pullet. The funny thing with our white silkie is it is the sweetest one out of them all and loves cuddles!
The buff orpington is a cockerel, and the white silkie is possibly one too. The partridge silkie and the red sex link are pullets. Not sure about the last silkie.

Back
Top Bottom