Age old question: pullets or roos? Please help:) 8 PICS!

WCchicks

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 18, 2010
HI - new to chickens and the BYC forum:) I have four pullets (hopefully - sexed and sold as 90-98% girls) but would love some feedback to see if they are actually turning out to be girls! They are 8 weeks old. (EE is a week older) One Easter Egger, one dark Brahma, one Blue Cochin and one Silver Laced Wyandotte (who looks nothing like Wyandottes I've seen in pics, by the way!) The Brahma is VERY friendly, the Cochin is timid but sweet, the EE is bold and the Wyandotte hates being held. Can't wait to hear from anyone who can give some input. THANK YOU!

65786_023.jpg

65786_001.jpg

65786_028.jpg

65786_006.jpg

65786_017.jpg

65786_004.jpg

65786_010.jpg

65786_003.jpg

Last edited:
The only one I'm iffy on is the wyandotte. If it's not a male, it's a really poorly colored female. (wrong type of comb too) The rest are all girls!

Last edited:
Your Wyandotte looks just like my hen but smaller of course. Definatly female. My Silver penciled roo looked like my silver laced boys. Very different.
The EE also looks like my pullet, but I'm not going to guess on the breeds I don't have.

I actually found a "backyard chicken breeder" in Menlo Park, California, and chose them out of a brooder at 5 days of age. Great selection -
big_smile.png
clean, healthy environment.

Back
Top Bottom