Age, sex & breed

Todteah

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 24, 2014

I am new here and new to chickens. I have 11 chickens that free range all day and then I put them up at night. I have had a rough time keeping them alive due to an disease but everything seems under control.. I have bought so many chickens at different ages from many places that I don't really know what I have... I will post some pictures and maybe you guys can shed some light on the age breed and sex if possible...

Last edited:
Yea, they are definately frizzled.. I think they might be an egger?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the two birds in the first photos are. The one on the left may be a Frizzled Polish, and the other may be a Frizzled Easter Egger or a mix breed. Its almost impossible to tell the gender from the photos- we ideally need individual photos of each bird, showing their side profile and comb. But, from what I can see, the one on the right of the first photo is looking like a rooster.

In the second photo, both birds are Light Brahmas, and are looking like pullets to me.

I'm not sure what the two birds in the first photos are. The one on the left may be a Frizzled Polish, and the other may be a Frizzled Easter Egger or a mix breed. Its almost impossible to tell the gender from the photos- we ideally need individual photos of each bird, showing their side profile and comb. But, from what I can see, the one on the right of the first photo is looking like a rooster.

In the second photo, both birds are Light Brahmas, and are looking like pullets to me.
I agree.

I will get some better pictures of the frizzled... Here is another... This is the only chic I have that is laying..... The egg are light green...

a9y8yqur.jpg

I will get some better pictures of the frizzled.. Here is the only one I have that is laying....
qe5y7yma.jpg

Here is another one.. She is the only one I have that is laying. Her eggs are light green and medium sized

Back
Top Bottom