Ages of ducks

I have one that limps every once and awhile so that's why I was wondering about it. Then he gasps for air a lot, I had put a video of that up when I first joined BYC but he's like a little old man to me so I hope it's not old age poor little man. But thanks I figured it was probably a dumb question. My guys have taken my mind off this hurricane today I've just been with them outside all day loving on them in case anything happens I just want them to know that I love them :love

Really old ones can get a certain look. :idunno

I have a 12 yr old Muscovy female and honestly she doesn’t look old but she has a limp most likely arthritis. That’s so sweet you’ve spent your day with your ducks do you plan on keeping yours cooped up during the hurricane if it comes your way? In 2004 2 hurricanes about a week apart came up through the gulf and up into Our part of NC we had severe flooding our river was around 20’ above flood stage. There were 2 Muscovy drakes that had been living in the river for about 2 months I had made friends with them. When the rains started I was sick with worry that they would get washed down river and get separated or drowned. The next day we went looking for them they did get separated but actually stayed right down below the house how I have no idea unless they came up on the bank close to our dirt road but I’ll never know. Any way they made it through that storm. We didn’t of course have hurricane winds but that is some of the worst flooding I’ve ever seen around here. Matter of fact someone’s goat got washed down river and ended up in a maple tree right along the river about 15’ above the ground. We thought it was a deer at first my husband climbed the tree and got it down that’s when we knew it was a goat.

Wow that is amazing I'm happy they were ok and the poor goat. Yes ma'am I am going to keep them cooped and for one of my mamas and now 13 teenagers and two other of my hens are staying inside with them. I'm keeping them on the screened in porch. We have it all boarded up so no rain will get in. I'm doing this because I'm gonna get some of the muscovys from the neighborhood in with the others they are usually here with my other Drake's all day everyday and they seem to be ok together. I'll keep an eye on them a lot to make sure everyone is getting along and are ok. I just want to keep the male and females separated because they are gonna be under extra stress themselves. What do you think about my plan?

I have a 12 yr old Muscovy female and honestly she doesn’t look old but she has a limp most likely arthritis. That’s so sweet you’ve spent your day with your ducks do you plan on keeping yours cooped up during the hurricane if it comes your way? In 2004 2 hurricanes about a week apart came up through the gulf and up into Our part of NC we had severe flooding our river was around 20’ above flood stage. There were 2 Muscovy drakes that had been living in the river for about 2 months I had made friends with them. When the rains started I was sick with worry that they would get washed down river and get separated or drowned. The next day we went looking for them they did get separated but actually stayed right down below the house how I have no idea unless they came up on the bank close to our dirt road but I’ll never know. Any way they made it through that storm. We didn’t of course have hurricane winds but that is some of the worst flooding I’ve ever seen around here. Matter of fact someone’s goat got washed down river and ended up in a maple tree right along the river about 15’ above the ground. We thought it was a deer at first my husband climbed the tree and got it down that’s when we knew it was a goat.

Back
Top Bottom