Aggression or just a weirdo?

I agree with you, one of my boys loves cuddles.
If you try to be loving to them they will eventually learn, especially at a young age.
If I get baby roosters, I try to tame them first thing by giving them hands on attention.
That’s what I did with my current cockerel. He is such a lovely boy. Though he still gets cranky at times. I watched the Simpsons with him, and now whenever he hears it he runs over. Makes me laugh, but it worked in the end.

IMG_2973.jpg

I definitely agree with wearing pants and be careful to not lean over with him towards your back. I have a fairly large silkie that just started showing aggression out of the blue. He doesn't have spurs, but he has drawn blood from my legs multiple times and always bruises my legs. One day I was taking another bird out of the coop and putting it down outside the run, he jumped on my back from the coop and scratched me up. I'm looking into options for this guy as I can't imagine eating a silkie, so he will probably be culled. My daughter is 8 (almost 9)and she came inside this evening saying that he was about to flog her. Be careful. Even the gentle guys without spurs can change in a heartbeat and do some painful blows. I have a rooster and some cockerels that I love but it's always in the back of my mind that they can and oftentimes do change in the blink of an eye. Wishing you the best with your flock

Back
Top Bottom