Aggression or Pecking Order?

What kind of things could I put in there to keep them from getting bored?
Look at the thread I previously posted on pg 1 about bored chicks pecking each other, the brooder there has a lot of good examples of distractions.

Also at 3 weeks they should be able to spend some time outdoors, in a chick proofed enclosure/run/pen, so exploring a new environment will be a lot of stimulation for them and keep them busy and distracted.

Look at the thread I previously posted on pg 1 about bored chicks pecking each other, the brooder there has a lot of good examples of distractions.

Also at 3 weeks they should be able to spend some time outdoors, in a chick proofed enclosure/run/pen, so exploring a new environment will be a lot of stimulation for them and keep them busy and distracted.
Unfortunately, where we are the temperature is about 40-45 for the high. Wouldn't that be too cold for them to be out, even for a short period of time? They are almost fully feathered, but their necks still have fluff.

Unfortunately, where we are the temperature is about 40-45 for the high. Wouldn't that be too cold for them to be out, even for a short period of time? They are almost fully feathered, but their necks still have fluff.
Not at all, though they need to be eased into it. Best to provide them with a warm, draft free place that they can access as needed, and incrementally increase the amount of time they get to spend outside. By 4-5 weeks they can stay out in those temperatures without additional heat.

Back
Top Bottom