Aggressive chicken - should I re-home?

I'm in a very similar climate, just a little bit cooler.

The good thing about all that heat and humidity is that the birds need very little shelter -- just something to keep the rain off and to block the wind. That makes it easy to expand their living quarters since all they really need is a roof and a 3-sided shelter at the windward end. :)
Good to know @3KillerBs. My chooks also have access to the area around our house and the back verandah. They like hanging out there too, and make little cubbies under and around furniture.

Hi again @DobieLover. These are my littlest two - the ones getting bullied. Do you think they are also feathered enough to stay in an outside coop overnight?
these look similar to my girls, they've been out in the coop at night with no heat for a few days now. the first two nights I put a mason jar of warm water wrapped in a towel in a little box for them, but by last night they seem to sleep just on top of the (not plugged in) brood plate as their roost.

these look similar to my girls, they've been out in the coop at night with no heat for a few days now. the first two nights I put a mason jar of warm water wrapped in a towel in a little box for them, but by last night they seem to sleep just on top of the (not plugged in) brood plate as their roost.
Aww 🥰 That’s a nice idea. It sounds like they’re cosy. Thanks for the tip.

I had thought of preparing a little heat pack or hot water bottle for mine. And here I was thinking I’d be a chill chook parent and my chickens would be low maintenance!

Hi again @DobieLover. These are my littlest two - the ones getting bullied. Do you think they are also feathered enough to stay in an outside coop overnight?
They shouldn't need heat with your temperatures. Those two are well enough feathered to be staying outside as long as they have a draft free place to huddle for the night.

Back
Top Bottom