emulhall

Chirping
Aug 25, 2019
Hello. I have a frizzled cochin bantam and a porcelain d’uccles bantam. I have posted on here before about the cochin’s belligerent personality.

Essentially, Gwen, the d’uccles, was so depressed she looked like she was going to die because of the bullying. Now, I have them separated, and Pepper, the cochin, is now depressed and not eating because she is lonely, but whenever she is with Gwen she reverts back to being aggressive. I am at a loss. I built them a bigger coop so maybe this will help?

I also ordered baby chicks to hopefully disperse Pepper’s aggression, but these babies will of course have to grow up, and they aren’t coming until the week of August 10th because of lots of hatchery orders. So not only will I have to wait until August, but then will have to wait 8-10 weeks until they can even go outside!

Any help is appreciated. My heart hurts because of this situation.

How old are these birds? What are the dimensions of their coop and run?
They are both 2 years old. We got them as 6 week old pullets and the people that sold them to us told us that they grew up together. I don’t know the exact dimensions of their current coop and run because that is at my boyfriend’s house and I am not there right now, but the new one we built for them is 9 feet long. They are moving into that one tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom