Aggressive Drake

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Silvia2234, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Silvia2234

Silvia2234 Chillin' With My Peeps

My drake is very mean. He pins down my duck hen untill she screams and he still does it. He took all of the hens from my other drake away.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    He is your dominant drake then. My drake will make his girls lay down then he will just stand on top of them. I don't understand all I know about why these things happen and not being a duck it looks to be mean. But if what he is doing is bothering you and he is causing distress to his females pulling out their feather on their necks and causing wounds then I'd either rehome him or place him separate from the girls for breeding season.

3. Jpg1961

Jpg1961 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2016
    NE Pennsilvania
    My top guy (Thunder) is a bully also he picks on my other male (jumpy) they do the neck wrestling and the chasing and biting. And Thunder lets Jumpy know the girls are his.But they still run to each other when they get separated so I think it's just a who's the boss thing.Good luck trying to figure them out they are goofy little animals I laugh all day long at my four the little goofs talk to me yell at me and even try to push me around like there the boss of me. But I would not trade them for anything.

1 person likes this.
  4. Silvia2234

Silvia2234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, so now I know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by