Aggressive Hen..Why? Desperately need advice...

I had an aggressive hen last year and it did help to separate her from the rest of the flock for the day. But after a few days she was back to tormenting the others. She was worse at night and kept the other 9 off the roosts at night. She was super sweet to me but not to the other chickens. I tried everything for 2 months and finally ended up giving her away where she has lots of room to free range. Once she was gone peace returned to the flock. She started out just picking on a few but it grew to all of them. I didn't want to give her away but it was the best thing for all the others.

I had an aggressive hen last year and it did help to separate her from the rest of the flock for the day. But after a few days she was back to tormenting the others. She was worse at night and kept the other 9 off the roosts at night. She was super sweet to me but not to the other chickens. I tried everything for 2 months and finally ended up giving her away where she has lots of room to free range. Once she was gone peace returned to the flock. She started out just picking on a few but it grew to all of them. I didn't want to give her away but it was the best thing for all the others.
i thought about that but im currently in a more tragic struggle with my first ever sick hen.. she im letting her be to see if she calms down while i rack my brain on how im suppose to help this hen..

Back
Top Bottom