Aggressive Pullet?

sgtruglo

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2018
New York
hey everyone! We asded 8 pullets from TSC to our existing 3 hens. They new girls are almost 18 weeks and only one of the Lavender Orpingtons is somewhat aggressive towards me. She always rushes towards me when I come in the pen or yard and pecks at me a lot. Today I was petting a black australorp and she she bit my hand and left a mark. I have never had a chicken like that in our flocks and don’t want her to do it to my children. Any suggestions? Or is this normal or something they will grow out of?

hey everyone! We asded 8 pullets from TSC to our existing 3 hens. They new girls are almost 18 weeks and only one of the Lavender Orpingtons is somewhat aggressive towards me. She always rushes towards me when I come in the pen or yard and pecks at me a lot. Today I was petting a black australorp and she she bit my hand and left a mark. I have never had a chicken like that in our flocks and don’t want her to do it to my children. Any suggestions? Or is this normal or something they will grow out of?
Are LO sex linked? Do you have a picture?

At 18 weeks that’s possibly normal behavior, they may grow out of it, or they may not. I know it’s not helpful. I would say give it a couple more months to see if things change. If they don’t, and you still have concerns about the chicken with your kids, it would be time to rehome. I’m sure a 6mo LO hen would be easy to place.

At 18 weeks that’s possibly normal behavior, they may grow out of it, or they may not. I know it’s not helpful. I would say give it a couple more months to see if things change. If they don’t, and you still have concerns about the chicken with your kids, it would be time to rehome. I’m sure a 6mo LO hen would be easy to place.
Thank you! Will Give it more time. I don’t mine rehoming her if it continues.

Here she is.

Attachments

• D6505A62-98A5-4153-8184-79147DD58C92.jpeg
    D6505A62-98A5-4153-8184-79147DD58C92.jpeg
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom