Aggressive rooster what do I do??

Rockin 7B Ranch

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2021
I have an aggressive rooster named memorial. I was the one who wanted chickens but now I’m to afraid to go out there. He keeps attacking me and my sisters. I can’t stand the thought of butchering him. I want what’s beat for him and my family.

I have an aggressive rooster named memorial. I was the one who wanted chickens but now I’m to afraid to go out there. He keeps attacking me and my sisters. I can’t stand the thought of butchering him. I want what’s beat for him and my family.
You could try re-homing with full disclosure of his behavior. They will likely eat him tho.

I live in the sticks. I carry a snake hook with me when I go check on my chickens. Never know when I need to pin one down or pull it out so I can get a clean kill on it.

SHS12.jpg

Snake in the coop is a dead snake around here.

My mom thinks it’s wrong to try and give him away knowing he’s aggressive.

I love him very much but he has attacked friends and family way to many times😭😭.

I live in the sticks. I carry a snake hook with me when I go check on my chickens. Never know when I need to pin one down or pull it out so I can get a clean kill on it.

SHS12.jpg

Snake in the coop is a dead snake around here.
That is exactly what my grandpa would say! Lol

Be up front about it being aggressive. It's not like it uncommon and many people look for free roosters with the only intention of eating it. Just be aware of that and don't ask any questions you don't want to know the answers to.

Being a year old he might grow out of it but you are gonna have to work with him until then. Why I only have young roosters with hens that are about 2 years older than him. Older hens will whoop a young roo around and teach him manners.

Back
Top Bottom