Aggressive rooster what do I do??

My mom thinks it’s wrong to try and give him away knowing he’s aggressive.

I love him very much but he has attacked friends and family way to many times😭😭.
Sometimes people want more aggressive roosters to help protect their hens, I've seen that sometimes. I would try rehoming first, but know that if you do, he's probably going to be eaten or culled.

I've got one who is aggressive, but he's teeny tiny - not even 2 lbs - and he's very good to the girls. When he "attacks," it feels like someone patting my leg. And I always file down his spurs.

Crazy idea: Is there a way you can separate him from the hens? Like, where he can't see them? I ask because my grumpy little guy had to come inside for a while when we were moving and had to stay with family in an area where roosters were not allowed. He mellowed out completely. Turned into a real love bug.

Be up front about it being aggressive. It's not like it uncommon and many people look for free roosters with the only intention of eating it. Just be aware of that and don't ask any questions you don't want to know the answers to.
Ok thank you I will talk to my mom and see what we end up doing. :(

I've got one who is aggressive, but he's teeny tiny - not even 2 lbs - and he's very good to the girls.

Crazy idea: Is there a way you can separate him from the hens? Like, where he can't see them? I ask because my grumpy little guy had to come inside for a while when we were moving and had to stay with family in an area where roosters were not allowed. He mellowed out completely. Turned into a real love bug.
Great idea! Except I don’t know how we will catch him

Culling is the best solution in my opinion. There is no reason you should keep a male that makes you not want to even go out and care for the females
They are getting cared for just by my mom. I was the one who wanted the chickens out so technically they’re my responsibility I just am to scared to.... and I personally don’t think I get scared easy

They are getting cared for just by my mom. I was the one who wanted the chickens out so technically they’re my responsibility I just am to scared to.... and I personally don’t think I get scared easy
There is still no reason to keep a bird like that. You might be able to give him away for food, but it's not a given. I can't even give friendly males away, let alone aggressive ones

Walk out there with a broom. When he comes after you pop him. I'm not saying try to beat the snot out of him or break his neck just pop him to let him know you are bigger than him and in charge. If he is smart after the first time he will stay away from you for now on. Might take him a few times over the next week or so. If he doesn't stop by then you know what you are gonna have to do one way or the other.

Walk out there with a broom. When he comes after you pop him. I'm not saying try to beat the snot out of him or break his neck just pop him to let him know you are bigger than him and in charge. If he is smart after the first time he will stay away from you for now on. Might take him a few times over the next week or so.

that’s a great idea will definitely try

Back
Top Bottom