Aggressive turkey

Hi all, I wanted to give an update. It's been nearly a week since I changed the food and today was a notable change. I will combine to monitor.

As for freezer camp, our intention when we got him was for Thanksgiving. After we brought him home we learned he was still too young. Frankly, I don't know if I can go through with it. Ideally I would like to become self-sustaining to some extent. But this is all a different story...
For anytime who is interested, here I'd the link to PDF with recommended diet. http://www.hybridturkeys.com/en/Hyb...t/Aggressive Behaviour in Turkeys - web1.ashx

Hi, I have the same problem. I raised my turkey from the moment he hatched as he was disabled. Now he's strong and happy. He keeps biting me. Not just a peck but he holds on and shakes his head with my skin or fingers in his beak. I don't know what to do as I love his so much, I've been told to tap him on the head, use a stick etc. But I don't want to hurt him. I'm at my wits end with it. Coming out the coop with bleeding hands every day.

He is with chickens, do you think a female turkey would make it better or worse? Or spending some time with other turkeys?

What food did you use Luvmyducks777 please? I'll try anything!!

Thanks in advance :(

Hi there. Well, after 9 days on different food, I can say I have a nice turkey again. The difference is remarkable. I had a really hard time understanding the scientific info in that document, so I just took the recommended niacin, amino acids, B complex and sodium intakes to my Southern States. We then read all the labels of all their poultry feed and came up with 2 feeds - southern States All Grain meat bird (blue and white bag) and Southern States Traditions poultry feed (orange and white bag). He is given mostly the blue bag and the orange bag is a treat. Prior to this change, he was on an all organic diet.

Hi there. Well, after 9 days on different food, I can say I have a nice turkey again. The difference is remarkable. I had a really hard time understanding the scientific info in that document, so I just took the recommended niacin, amino acids, B complex and sodium intakes to my Southern States. We then read all the labels of all their poultry feed and came up with 2 feeds - southern States All Grain meat bird (blue and white bag) and Southern States Traditions poultry feed (orange and white bag). He is given mostly the blue bag and the orange bag is a treat. Prior to this change, he was on an all organic diet.

Thanks for looking into this so closely. This is really great information. I hope others see this. Keep posting it when you can so people will see this as an option

Back
Top Bottom