Agh Feed Store Back Order, HELP!!!

SamanthaBrooke

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
Jefferson, GA
Ugh, I am stressing out. I called my feed store guy last week I order my new chicks feed, I am feeding Honor Show Chow Turkey Starter 30% and he said it wouldn't be in until the 7th or 8th and that is the same day my chicks are due to be at the post. What type of feed should I give them until I pick up their real feed and it needs to be a small bag since their feed is $38.00 a bag and they only will eat that for 3 weeks before swapped slowly over to the Honor Show Chow Broiler...also when I get their real feed how long should I mix the cheap feed with the good stuff?

Thank you!!!

Are these meat birds?

Can you not pick the birds and feed up on the same day? Babies can go for 3 days after hatch without eating, give them water. I'm not familiar with the feed you've chosen but there are teeny bags of chick starter you can buy if you have to feed them before you can pick up their permanent food.

No they are not meat birds but they will be traveling a lot when they are older so it was suggest by a good show friend that I start them on turkey starter as bantams need a little more protein so I bought this feed, has very nice reviews for bantams too! Tractor supply doesn't carry it and wouldn't order it for me and my other feed store couldn't get it before my main feed store so I guess I'll get a little 5 lb sack of purina to give them until it comes in.

Hopefully it will come in before the birds, they will be in their third day when they get to me so I have to provide food.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't think that they'll be harmed in the slightest by eating another kind of feed for a day or two before your higher-protein feed comes in. I think the idea of getting a little 5lb bag to hold them over is a good one.

Back
Top Bottom