Agh!! Lost another chicken today :'(

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by the Precious Ladies, Oct 16, 2011.

1. the Precious Ladies

the Precious Ladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Maryland
    Aw man so Im a mess right now [​IMG] I recently ( in the past hour) lost my 6th chicken this year. I am a chicken owner who grows very attached to them because they are like pets to me. Ivy was a speckled sussex and was my *favorite* chicken. She would always follow me around and stand there until I picked her up, and would follow me into the house if I'd left the door open. My mom thinks my little seven year old brother accidentaly killed her- but he said a hawk got her. This sucks majorly. [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry about your loss and time for your brother to stop messing with the chickens!

3. mallory2013

mallory2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Eastern CT
    Aw I am so sorry! I lost three of my chickens (out of 11) around a month ago. One of them was my favorite, a blue cochin rooster named Swisher. I was so upset (and still am!). I'm still not totally sure what got them, but it looked like a dog attack. I hope you feel better! I know how tough it is! [​IMG]

4. NorthestGeorgia14

NorthestGeorgia14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Rome Ga
    Sorry. She might come back my granddad keep most of his hens out side and she might come back tomorrow to eat.

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    So do you have a plan to keep them safer ?? that is the question.

6. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Sorry about your little brother you can start putting childproof lock on the hen house. [​IMG]

7. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I am so sorry to her about your girl. I just this week lost 5 girls and I am still upset about what happened. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by