Agressive mean quails/neck disease?

those are all i have brown coutornix. i was reading not sure if it in your page about quails, the fact of the curly feathers, few of my girls and couple of guys look like porcupines lol very curly. its genetic right? well i'm not breeding them, not now anyway. my first priority now is to fix the RATIO!!!

Quote:
you're very welcome and nope that ratio you got is wrong
smile.png
1/3 is fine however if you have an aggressive roo that's not the best ratio. I do have some roos in with just ONE hen, but they are very passive roos you really have to keep an eye on your individual birds and see who's aggressive and who isn't the ones that are aggressive will need the required maximum of hens in order to avoid scalpings
smile.png
But like you have experienced hens can be just as nasty sometimes.
smile.png
I'm a book of knowledge i Like to spout out so that's why i wanted to tell you about coturnix and jumbo and pharaoh being the same thing because im a nerd
tongue.png
LOL

OH but 1/3 ratio will only work for ONE passive roo per pen. Like say you put 2 roos in with 6 hens (so that's 3 hens per roo) that more than likely will not work because one roo can handle 5 hens himself, anymore and you'll deal with issues
smile.png

Last edited:
Please Monarc, u can tell me anything i dont think u r a nerd u just know the stuff and i'm always happy to learn, so dont be shy CORRECTING ME in PLUBLIC
barnie.gif

lau.gif
i'm just kidding. but i'll change the ratio and see what happens but i dont think its my males doing it, its that meany poo female, which by the way shes nice and fat and she lays good eggs but i might just have to ... u know
guys i have to get off here, my partner is about to ask for a divorce lol its thursday night!
Good night everyone
thankx for all the answers, me going to check on me quaillies now
God bless
frow.gif

Quote:
haha talk to ya later have fun with your birds
big_smile.png
You cana lways keep your bad girl just put her with an aggressive roo and a few other possibly aggressive hens and you may find a compatable penning
big_smile.png
Mix and match temperments. one thing i've learned about coturnix is that they have varying personalities just like chickens and people do
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom