Agressive Peking Girl Duck

ronna jozef

Songster
Dec 14, 2017
I had 2 Drakes Pekings and 5 Girls - last week I had to put one of the Drakes Toto to sleep.
Right after this one of the girl ducks started attaching Petunia- biting right at her neck.

Petunia is not sick - so I put the bully duck in the duck house - I read this can work - however when I try to let her out to join the flock she goes right after Petunia again. Petunia and this bully duck are at the end of the pecking order - I am not sure what to do and am beside myself -

Please help!

Sounds like there's a fight for a position in the pecking order. It can happen if one dies or is removed. Generally you let them fight it out as long as there isn't blood. They need to resolve it themselves, otherwise you are left trying to keep separated.

I started to let them try to fight it out today - they did fight and then Petunia stepped back and hid behind a tree. The bully duck went after her again.
Petunia is much smaller and has a chipped peek - so it is not a far fight - I think I will have to find a home for the Bully - it is to hard to watch /
So upset; Doe's anyone know who would take one duck?

I started to let them try to fight it out today - they did fight and then Petunia stepped back and hid behind a tree. The bully duck went after her again.
Petunia is much smaller and has a chipped peek - so it is not a far fight - I think I will have to find a home for the Bully - it is to hard to watch /
So upset; Doe's anyone know who would take one duck?
I am sorry now you know to go to option 2. Hopefully someone on here will want a female.

I had 2 Drakes Pekings and 5 Girls - last week I had to put one of the Drakes Toto to sleep.
Right after this one of the girl ducks started attaching Petunia- biting right at her neck.

Petunia is not sick - so I put the bully duck in the duck house - I read this can work - however when I try to let her out to join the flock she goes right after Petunia again. Petunia and this bully duck are at the end of the pecking order - I am not sure what to do and am beside myself -

Please help!
I am in Spring Lake - New Jersey - The ducks I have were abandoned here on my pond and I have taken care of them and love them dearly!
She is healthy and was a good flock member until we lost our drake Toto

Last edited:
Thank you - I did try to find this maybe you have a link - ooh boy - do you think the vet can give the bully something to calm her?

I hope so -I prayed last night - I will keep her in the duck house for a week straight and then check again -
What are you thoughts -

Back
Top Bottom