Agrimycin-343 for respiratory infection?

SJchickens

Songster
Mar 13, 2015
Long Island, NY
All of my birds are sneezing and twitching their heads. It spread so fast that I had no time to separate before they were all infected. No other signs. Doing normal chicken things. I have determined that this is likely a mild respiratory infection.

What is the dosage for chickens 3 to 10 weeks of age?

I have purchased Agrimycin-343 on Mypetchicken to treat them. Has anyone used this before? Also, my flock age ranges from 3 weeks to 10 weeks. No-one is laying yet, obviously. Half of them are laying birds, however. Will I be able to consume their eggs after treating them with this antibiotic?

Thank you.

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Chicken-Health/Agrimycin-343-Soluble-Powder-p613.aspx

Agrimycin 343 dosage is 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water for the 400mg dose. For the 800mg dose, it is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. I recommend the 400mg dosage for your young birds. Give it to them for 7-14 days, make it fresh daily and it must be their sole source of water to drink.

Last edited:
Agrimycin 343 dosage is 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water for the 400mg dose. For the 800mg dose, it is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. I recommend the 400mg dosage for your young birds. Give it to them for 7-14 days, make it fresh daily and it must be their sole source of water to drink.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom