agway brand layer crumble anyone use it and how is it

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by blueseal, Sep 26, 2011.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    bought a bag tonight going to give it a try.

2. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    Didn't know they had their own? We feed Blue Seal [​IMG]

3. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    I have tried both Agway and Blue Seal but now I just use Poulin. Poulin is not only priced a bit lower but I find my egg production and egg quality is better.

4. ECBW

ECBW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    NJ
    Used Agway starter since the that was carried by the farm where I bought the chicks. I usually buy by layer pellets from Agway store but the brand name is Southern State. No problem with either.

5. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    Quote:I am contemplating switching to Poulin, glad to hear it works good for you.
    I like the fact that Blue Seal is a local company but Poulin is pretty local also, Vermont I believe? We have to go out of our way to get the Blue Seal and I've done so because I do like the points program. But I'm thinking it's not worth it anymore, the people at the Blue Seal store I go to are very unfriendly and I feel like I am bothering them every time I want to buy something, it's discouraging. Also I've contacted the company with simple questions regarding switching to their organic layer and they never respond- kind of frustrating. Don't think I want to support a company like that any longer [​IMG] Customer service say's a lot to me.

6. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I really like Agway layer pellets and egg producer pellets but have never used crumble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by