AHH FIRST EGG

kelzey

Songster
Aug 14, 2020
newfoundland and labrador, canada
i went to let the ladies out this morning and checked the nest boxes as always and see this!!! (of course, the morning after i decide to order some dummy eggs online) i feel like such a proud chicken mom rn. this is my very first time raising chickens so it’s my first ever egg and i’m so happy, a great start to my day! also included a picture of who laid it, hard to get a good picture this morning because they were so excited to be out in the grass haha
3FCB59E5-EE74-4151-A40A-F3C81E6C6910.jpeg
7BFF9E21-EE0B-4DAE-B3E7-DA7B58C3E939.png

took over a month but i finally had my first two egg day !! i was so excited to go out and see two in the nest box rather than one like usual. third one doesn’t seem like she’s anywhere close to laying, but i can wait! had to have a talk with them and tell them that they are such amazing little ladies and that they are doing a great job. gonna make a special treat for them to bring out later
435BB601-6E64-4751-9436-C05F638DF475.jpeg

took over a month but i finally had my first two egg day !! i was so excited to go out and see two in the nest box rather than one like usual. third one doesn’t seem like she’s anywhere close to laying, but i can wait! had to have a talk with them and tell them that they are such amazing little ladies and that they are doing a great job. gonna make a special treat for them to bring out later View attachment 2423311

Nice, and a good size too!

took over a month but i finally had my first two egg day !! i was so excited to go out and see two in the nest box rather than one like usual. third one doesn’t seem like she’s anywhere close to laying, but i can wait! had to have a talk with them and tell them that they are such amazing little ladies and that they are doing a great job. gonna make a special treat for them to bring out later View attachment 2423311
First eggs are so much fun!!! :celebrate

i collected three eggs today?? one is sooo much different than the other two (the bottom one), and was found on the floor UNDER the roost. could it be possible that one of my girls laid two in one day? my third pullet doesn’t look ready to lay at all in my opinion, i’m so confused. no signs or anything!
05D5437C-ACE6-41EC-BF79-DECB7FBD10D1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom