ahhh the time has come!!

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
for a top on the brooder lol...

went to go pick the 1st grader up from school..came back and we had escapees...

its like they were waiting for me to leave to make their escape..
so now I have a leftover piece of chicken wire on top of it til hubby wakes up later tonight (he works this wk so he's unavailable most of the time 77 hrs in one wk)...
and can put his "master plan" of a taller brooder surround area on it...

but for now..all of my 26.. 1 week old chicks are accounted for..lol altho, my son was surprised as he was doing his science project to see chicks come running in his room! LOL

Last edited:
Well, I just copy and pasted your post to my husband. Our brooder is two feet tall and I thought okay for young chicks, but maybe not so okay now!
duc.gif

lol yeah ours is about 16 inches tall...so a bit shorter than your 2 ft one..but they have been fluttering pretty good lately and I kept telling hubby that
we better get thtat taken care of..they are gonna get out...so guess what he gets to do tonight b4work while I'm at taekwondo!

I have one that keeps getting on top of the waterer then onto of the edge of the rubbermaid tub their in, it's probably 16 inches too. Last night a layed a towel across the top and clipped into the edges with my potato chip bag clips. I left the space where the light is uncovered. I checked on them and they never got too hot.

Back
Top Bottom